There are thousands of professional associates, organizations and resources that can help you get ahead in your career. Here are some of the best:
- American Occupational Therapy Association: The national professional association representing the interests and concerns of occupational therapy practitioners and students of occupational therapy and to improve the quality of occupational therapy services.
- OT Jobs: An online job board featuring extensive listings for school occupational therapy jobs.
- American Physical Therapy Association: An individual membership professional organization representing more than 80,000 member physical therapists, physical therapist assistants and students of physical therapy.
- National Association of School Nurses: Advances the specialty practice of school nursing to improve the health and academic success of all students.
- National Board of Certification of School Nurses: Advances the quality of school health services and school nurse practice by providing a rigorous national, credentialing process to validate competency based on professional standards.
- National Association of School Psychologists: Empowers school psychologists by advancing effective practices to improve students’ learning, behavior, and mental health.
- American Psychological Association: The largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States. APA is the world’s largest association of psychologists, with more than 137,000 researchers, educators, clinicians, consultants and students as its members.
Sign Language Interpreter
- National Association of the Deaf: The nation’s premier civil rights organization of, by and for deaf and hard of hearing individuals in the United States of America.
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Part of the National Institutes of Health, the NIDCD conducts and supports biomedical and behavioral research and research training in the normal and disordered processes of hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, and language.
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf: A national membership organization representing the professionals who facilitate communication between people who are deaf or hard of hearing and people who hear.
Special Education Teacher
- National Association of Special Education Teachers: The only national membership organization dedicated solely to meeting the needs of special education teachers and those preparing for the field of special education teaching.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children: The world’s largest organization working on behalf of young children with nearly 80,000 members, a national network of more than 300 state and local affiliates and a growing global alliance of like-minded organizations.
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association: The professional, scientific, and credentialing association for more than 150,000 members and affiliates who are audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists in the United States and internationally.
- SLP Jobs: An online job board specifically for speech-language pathologists and clinical fellowship candidates.
- The Listen Up Web: Resources and links on language development and language stimulation, particularly for parents of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Advance: A monthly magazine dedicated exclusively to SLPs and audiologists.
- Increase Your Marketability as a School-Based Occupational Therapist
Become an Expert As a school occupational therapist, you may work with children with a variety of disabilities and medical conditions. You should have general knowledge about all types of condition...
Read more »
- The Role of School Counselors with the College Application Process
Financial Aid is daunting to most students, so be ready to get a lot of questions on this topic. If you are not familiar with the process of determining if a family is eligible for financial aid, y...
Read more »