- Job Location:
Kansas City, KS
Schools - Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Last Updated:
ProCare Therapy is currently arranging interviews to hire a full-time Adaptive PE Teacher for a position outside of Kansas City, KS. This position is open to local candidates as well as qualified Adaptive PE Teachers interested in relocating for a contract assignment. This position is for the first semester, August to December.
Adaptive PE Teacher Job Duties:
- Teach physical education concepts and curriculum to students.
- Assess current gross and fine motor skills and a student’s fitness levels.
- Write goals, objectives, and current status for Individualized Education Plans (IEP's).
- Schedule Adaptive Physical Education sessions within each district building as needed.
- Observe student's performance in physical education classes.
- Consult with general physical education teachers regarding identified needs in the general physical education classes.
- Work cooperatively with IEP team members in planning and implementing student plans
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Working on the Bullying Epidemic in Schools
Need for School Protocol The hope with bullying is that students will come to a trusted member of the school and ask for help. Programs within schools are focusing on character education. In additi...
Read more »
- Therapy Beyond the School Day
Importance of Communication with Home Communication is critical in the world of education. While kids spend a lot of their day in school, they go home and need to practice between sessions. The mor...
Read more »