- Job Location:
New Orleans, LA
Schools - Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Last Updated:
Adapted PE Specialist Job – New Orleans, LA
ProCare Therapy is currently arranging interviews to hire a full-time Adaptive PE Teacher for a position in New Orleans, Louisiana. This position is open to local candidates as well as qualified Adaptive PE Teachers interested in relocating for a contract assignment. The contract will be for the entire school year, and this position has a possibility to continue for the 2018-2019 school year (if desired). The APE specialist would offer support individually and to our students in a group format as well.
Adaptive PE Teacher Job Duties:
- Teach physical education concepts and curriculum to students in K-8th grade
- Assess current gross and fine motor skills and fitness levels
- Write goals, objectives, and current status for Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Schedule Adaptive Physical Education sessions within each district building as needed
- Observe student performance in physical education classes.
- Consult with general physical education teachers regarding identified needs in the general physical education classes
- Work cooperatively with IEP team members in planning and implementing student plans
Salary for this position is negotiable and will be based on experience. Comprehensive medical benefits, relocation assistance, and a continuing education fund is available to candidate who qualify.
For more information about this position, feel free to reach out to me by phone or email. For immediate consideration, a copy of your resume should be sent to Tony.email@example.com
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- The Call to Physical Therapy
Now imagine the following: While running around the bases playing kickball in gym, a young child falls and breaks their leg. This event has the ability to change their life forever. The pain of the...
Read more »
- Extracurricular Activities for Deaf High School Students
Letís take a look specifically at deaf teens. Participating within the regular school day can be a challenge for them. Once you look at extracurricular activities, it can be even more difficult for...
Read more »