- Job Location:
Chicago Heights, IL
Schools - Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Last Updated:
Adapted PE Specialist Job – Chicago Heights
ProCare Therapy is currently arranging interviews to hire a full-time Adaptive PE Teacher for a position on the south side of Chicago. This position is open to local candidates as well as qualified Adaptive PE Teachers interested in relocating for a contract assignment. The contract will be for the entire school year, and this position has a possibility to continue for the 2017-2018 school year (if desired). The APE specialist would offer support individually and to our special education programs in a group format.
Adaptive PE Teacher Job Duties:
- Teach physical education concepts and curriculum to students in K-8th grade
- Assess current gross and fine motor skills and fitness levels
- Write goals, objectives, and current status for Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Schedule Adaptive Physical Education sessions within each district building as needed
- Observe student performance in physical education classes.
- Consult with general physical education teachers regarding identified needs in the general physical education classes
- Work cooperatively with IEP team members in planning and implementing student plans
- Hold an Illinois Professional Educator License with LBS1 certification with adaptive P.E. endorsement.
- Demonstrate excellence in verbal and written communications.
- Experience with collaborative groups and processes in a student-centered environment.
- Other qualifications of academic, professional, and personal excellence as the Governing Board may specify.
Salary for this position is negotiable and will be based on experience. Comprehensive medical benefits, relocation assistance, and a continuing education fund is available to candidate who qualify.
For more information, please contact Tony Miller:
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- The Importance of Parent Advocates for Special Needs Families
Inform Families of Advocate Availability When families are told that they need to have a meeting at school, inform them of their rights to have an advocate with them. Have packets of information wh...
Read more »
- Preparing for Emergencies at School
Make a General Plan Ahead of Time When people are asked what they could have done better after a traumatic event in school, they typically say that they should have been more prepared. Each school ...
Read more »