- Job Location:
Kansas City, MO
Schools - Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- Last Updated:
Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist Job - Kansas City, MO
- 37.5 Hours/Week
- 2018-2019 School Year
- 10-12 Students
- K-12 Caseload
ProCare Therapy is currently interviewing for a full time OMS position to work in a Kansas City, MO area district. This position is for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Assist students who have visual impairment how to adapt to and navigate through their school environment
- Train students how to use assistive devices, such as canes and hand held telescopes
- Respond appropriately to setbacks and manage the students' mobility expectations and frustrations
- Certification in Orientation and Mobility by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Educational Professionals (ACVREP) or the National Orientation and Mobility Certification Board (NOMC)
Salary for this position will be based on experience level and benefits selected. For more information, please submit resume to Ali Willems:
Ali Pletzer Willems
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Working on the Bullying Epidemic in Schools
Need for School Protocol The hope with bullying is that students will come to a trusted member of the school and ask for help. Programs within schools are focusing on character education. In additi...
Read more »
- Therapy Beyond the School Day
Importance of Communication with Home Communication is critical in the world of education. While kids spend a lot of their day in school, they go home and need to practice between sessions. The mor...
Read more »