- Job Location:
Kansas City, MO
Schools - Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- Last Updated:
Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist Job - Kansas City, MO
- 37.5 Hours/Week
- 2018-2019 School Year
- 10-12 Students
- K-12 Caseload
ProCare Therapy is currently interviewing for a full time OMS position to work in a Kansas City, MO area district. This position is for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Assist students who have visual impairment how to adapt to and navigate through their school environment
- Train students how to use assistive devices, such as canes and hand held telescopes
- Respond appropriately to setbacks and manage the students' mobility expectations and frustrations
- Certification in Orientation and Mobility by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Educational Professionals (ACVREP) or the National Orientation and Mobility Certification Board (NOMC)
Salary for this position will be based on experience level and benefits selected. For more information, please submit resume to Ali Willems:
Ali Pletzer Willems
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- The Top 10 Cities for Clinical, Counseling and School Psychologists in the US
Using wage and location data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, cost of living statistics and student numbers in each city, we calculated the top 50 cities for Clinical, Counseling and School Psy...
Read more »
- Get to Know Apps Your Students Use
Popular Apps with Teens Teens use a variety of different apps on their devices to network with others. Instagram primarily focuses on the use of pictures and talking about them. Twitter opens them ...
Read more »