- Job Location:
Schools - PT
- Last Updated:
We have partnered with a school district in Seattle Washington to fill a full time Physical Therapist position. Physical therapists use their unique expertise to help children prepare for and perform important learning and school related activities in order to fulfill their role as students. Candidate will serve as itinerant physical therapist providing therapy to students with disabilities, ages 3-21. Candidate will consult with teachers, parents, and other support staff.
- Full Time (40 hrs)
- Medical Benefits
- Stipends Available
Current Washington Education Staff Associate (Physical Therapist) certificate is required and must be on file prior to beginning work
Major in Physical Therapy
Ability to construct and utilize a wide variety of adaptive equipment
- NDT (neurodevelopment therapy) training
- Proficiency in a second language
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- Desired characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
For serious consideration for position, Apply or email Allen Brooks. You can also call 770-325-0361 for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- The Top 10 Cities for Clinical, Counseling and School Psychologists in the US
Using wage and location data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, cost of living statistics and student numbers in each city, we calculated the top 50 cities for Clinical, Counseling and School Psy...
Read more »
- Get to Know Apps Your Students Use
Popular Apps with Teens Teens use a variety of different apps on their devices to network with others. Instagram primarily focuses on the use of pictures and talking about them. Twitter opens them ...
Read more »