- Job Location:
Los Angeles, CA
Schools - SLP
- Last Updated:
A speech language pathologist (SLP) is needed for a school district in Los Angeles, California. This will be a full time job for the full school year. We are looking for a licensed SLP in California with their ASHA CCC's.
The SLP will be diagnosing and treating students for their specific communication disorders. They will be participating in IEP meetings and communicating with parents and administration on the progress of each student.
• Full time - 8 hours per day
• PreK – 6th grade
• Working at only 1 elementary building
• Approx 40-50 kids on the caseload
• Will have SLPA helping out 2 days a week
• Traditional/Standard speech disabilities and diagnosis (Mild-Moderate caseload)
• Will be responsible for all PreK assessments
• High percentage of the students are Spanish speakers (bilingual is a plus but not a must have)
- Master's in Speech Pathology
- Licensed as an SLP in California
- ASHA Certified
- Recent schools experience is a plus
For more information, please contact Shawn Donalty at 770-325-0344 or email your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Helping Autistic Students with Cognitive Flexibility
This may not be the case for students who are on the autism spectrum. Autistic children often have a difficult time switching gears. They are very focused on what they are working on. It may be ove...
Read more »
- Dangerous Social Media Fads and Teens
The Tide Pod Challenge Teens being challenged to do things which are not smart by their peers is nothing new. Schools and families have had to deal with teens snorting Smarties, ingesting a spoon f...
Read more »