Hybrid School Psychology Jobs in Detroit, MI
ProCare therapy and VocoVision are actively seeking out a virtual School Psychologist for a contract Hybrid position, with hours flexible to your availability, located in the Detroit area. As a VocoVision employee, you can expect to be paid for your guaranteed hours as well any extra time you may put in, and indirect hours, on a weekly basis, and can work anywhere nationwide. We have openings for the current semester, extended school year for summer, as well as the upcoming school year. If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please send me your resume to [email protected] so I can contact you immediately regarding the position.
- Part-time position
- 2 days on-site
- 3 days total
- K-8th grade
- 14 students
- Initial evaluations
What to expect:
- Use formal and informal assessment data about the student and his/her environment(s) in developing appropriate interventions and programs. Implement interventions and programs with students to support the teaching process and to maximize learning and adjustment.
- Screen and evaluate referred children including selecting appropriate instruments, administering tests, observations, and writing reports which state the evaluation findings and provide for educational program recommendations. Identify and assess the learning, development, and adjustment characteristics and needs of individuals and groups, as well as, the environmental factors that affect learning and adjustment.
- Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and the individualized education program (IEP) committee contributing evaluation findings and collaborating on the child's educational plan.
- Provide direct services through a variety of methods (e.g. individual counseling, group counseling, classroom presentations, co-teaching in general education settings, in-services to staff/parents, etc.) as needed.
- Consult with parents, teachers, and other appropriate staff regarding the child's program and any adaptations/materials needed to facilitate improved performance in the classroom or at home.
- Deliver a planned and coordinated program of psychological services.
- Develop and maintain appropriate records and reports related to students and interventions/programs.
- Assist in the planning, development, and evaluation of programs to meet identified learning and adjustment needs.
- Participate in professional organizations, continuing education, and in-services to continually improve professional knowledge and skill.
- Development and monitoring of behavior plans and implementation of positive behavior support strategies.
- Master’s or Doctorate level degree required
- State DOE Licensure required
- NASP Certification required
- 2 years of experience preferred
- Guaranteed hours
- Compensation for direct and indirect services
- Access to a full developed, established Teletherapy platform via VocoVision
- We offer extensive support, from virtual training resources to a team of remote educators, therapists, and behavior specialists who have worked with VocoVision and are trained to assist you, to make Educational Teletherapy possible. We strive to provide timely and helpful solutions to make evaluation, assessment, and therapy as effective as onsite services!
If you are seeking our on-site or fully virtual options, please also feel free to reach out to me today! We have in person, fully remote and assistant opportunities available as well and I would love to go over next steps for getting you started with one of our amazing schools.
For more information about this position, please contact Rachael Nintzel at 678-748-5316. Resumes should be sent to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled