MA Special Education Teacher Opportunity | 5th Grade
ProCare Therapy has partnered with an awesome School District near the Gardner area that is looking for a 5th grade resource classroom Special Education Teacher for the school year. Please see additional details about this opportunity below:
- Multiple full-time needs
- Fifth grade classroom
- Full school year
- Will be working directly with teachers to give recommendations, observations, acting as a resource
- K12 Caseload
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interest, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of established district curriculum goals, establishes and communicates clear objectives to the students for all lessons, units and projects.
5. Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor as required by the teachers’ contract.
6. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs of capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
7. Strives by instruction and action to implement the district’s philosophy of education, instructional goals and objectives and performance expectations.
8. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis; provides progress reports as required, and communicates with parents at deemed necessary.
9. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
10. Diagnoses the learning challenges of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Follows the SPS a code of conduct for the classroom which is consistent with established administrative policies and develops rules of classroom behavior which are enforced in a fair and just manner.
13. Plans and supervises assignments for paraprofessionals, and makes written evaluations as required.
14. Maintains an ongoing program of professional growth that satisfies district requirements but also satisfies personal expectations as a professional.
15. Takes an active part in the contractually -approved teacher evaluation process, contributing to a mutual agreement concerning the results of that evaluation.
16. Attends building and district meetings to promote communication and mutual decision making among the staff; said meetings to be held during the extended day.
17. Attend established traditional school sponsored activities (e.g., Back to School Night, Open House, programs, activities) agreed upon by the building administrator and the faculty consistent with the teachers’ contract.
18. Contribute to the decisions made by the district and building regarding budget, facilities, curriculum, and personal well-being.
19. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Must be certified Special Education Teacher
- Master's in Special Education requested
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
For more information about this position, please contact Rachael Nintzel at 678-748-5316. Resumes should be sent to [email protected]