Location: Buhl, ID
Category: Schools - Special Education Teacher
We are looking for a Special Education Teacher to join our educational team in Buhl, Idaho. As a Special Education Teacher, you will provide individualized instruction and support to students with diverse learning needs. Your role will involve creating a positive and inclusive classroom environment, developing and implementing specialized educational plans, and collaborating with other professionals to ensure student success.
- Develop and implement Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students with special needs, based on their unique learning goals and requirements.
- Create a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes student engagement, self-confidence, and academic growth.
- Utilize appropriate teaching strategies, techniques, and materials to accommodate diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Adapt curriculum content to meet individual student needs, ensuring that educational goals and standards are addressed.
- Assess students' academic progress, track their performance, and regularly communicate progress reports to parents/guardians and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, support staff, and related service providers to ensure a cohesive and comprehensive approach to student support.
- Implement behavioral management strategies and techniques to foster a positive and respectful learning environment.
- Utilize assistive technologies, specialized instructional materials, and resources to support student learning and accessibility.
- Provide differentiated instruction and individualized support to meet the specific needs of students with disabilities.
- Stay informed about current research, best practices, and legal requirements related to special education.
- Attend professional development activities, workshops, and meetings to enhance teaching skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field. Master's degree is preferred.
- Valid Arizona Department of Education teaching certification in Special Education.
- Knowledge of special education laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Experience working with students with diverse learning needs, including but not limited to intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and emotional/behavioral disorders.
- Strong understanding of individualized instruction, assessment, and behavior management strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with students with special needs.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic educational environment.
- Familiarity with assistive technologies and instructional tools used in special education.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled