San Jose, CA School Behaviorist Needed | Full-time BCBA
We are seeking an experienced Behaviorist this school year for a contract position located in the San Jose area. As a ProCare employee, you will be paid for your guaranteed hours as well as your overtime and indirect hours, on a weekly basis, and are offered a comprehensive benefits package specifically based on your needs. If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, I’d love to chat about it!
- Full-time position
- 37.5 hours/ week
- Functions as a role model for effective teaching of students as well as for communication and problem solving with staff, reinforcing the School's emphasis on behavior analytic, empirical approach to education, the extensive use of data in decision making, and the use of positive reinforcement to achieve maximum performance when working with students and co-workers.
- Assesses the school staff development needs, research, and designs training programs based on those needs.
- Oversees the implementation of crisis management procedures while also providing ongoing coaching and support in the use of crisis management principles.
- Ensures that Clinical Specialists/Clinical Assistants provide ongoing positive support within the classroom in a proactive manner that is aligned with student and classroom behavioral programs.
- Works in collaboration with Curriculum and Instruction Specialist around researching and making recommendations for the use of evidence-based curricula in the classrooms that meet the requirements set forth by the Department of Education.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with parents, care providers, and district personnel, always projecting a positive company image.
- Ensures the use of evidence-based, positive approaches to address the behavioral needs of the students served.
- Conducts and oversees functional assessments of behavior; writes Positive Behavior Intervention Plans; reviews and approves Behavior Intervention Plan updates, Behavior Support Plans, and Student Behavior Strategies; trains staff to implement behavior plans through in-classroom modeling and coaching.
- Provides support, guidance, and supervision in the areas of behavior management, teaching functional skills, teaching social skills, and IEP goal development across domains and services.
- Reviews and approves all behavioral emergency reports and takes appropriate follow-up action.
- Works in collaboration with the Curriculum and Instruction Specialist and AVP of ED Services in the use of Positive Behavior Supports/PBS, which includes the point/level system and school/classroom-based reinforcers.
- Provides input and problem solve challenging student behavioral and instructional needs.
- Implement systems designed to meet the needs of individual students, classrooms, and the site as a whole.
- Provides support for the development of strategies for fading students from 1:1 staffing ratios to small group staffing ratios.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings including Regional training, Senior Behavior Analyst Meetings, Site Team Meetings, Clinical Meetings, All Staff Meetings, etc.
- Guides the instructional staff in developing long term and short term classroom goals and assists in determining priorities and timelines for implementation (e.g., START Checklist, Classroom Prototype).
- Ensures compliance with the State and Federal regulations, and ESA/Spectrum Center's internal standards.
- Participates in on-going staff development through conferences, training, and seminars to maintain and develop core competencies.
- ?????Other duties as assigned.
Master’s in Education or Special Education
- National BCBA Certification
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
Should you want to learn more about this position, or any others that we have nationwide, please contact me today! I'd love to hear about your experience and preferences to help you find the perfect fit!
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled