Child, family, and school social workers engage in a number of key activities, including working with individual students and their families in school settings.
According to the School Social Work Association of America (SSWAA), school social workers bring a unique perspective to educational programs and can help students and their families cope with issues that may impact or prevent students’ successful learning.
- Meeting with students for crisis intervention
- Developing and teaching intervention strategies to help students achieve academic goals
- Helping students learn strong social skills, as well as strategies for conflict resolution and anger management
- Working with family members and other individuals in a child’s living situation to help support their adjustment, learning, and development
- Helping parents access special educational programs and resources for students with special education needs or learning disabilities
- Offering support and education for school staff to help them improve their understanding of the cultural, societal, economical, or other factors that can impact students’ education and behavioral tendencies
- Assisting districts in developing and implementing educational programs for exceptional or advanced students, as well as alternative programs for students who’ve dropped out, are delinquent, truant, or experience other issues impeding their learning
- Identifying, reporting, and helping school districts to intervene when child abuse or neglect is suspected or confirmed
The goal of child, family, and school social workers is protecting students, other children, and their families in vulnerable situations, such as helping a student and their family apply for child care or state/federal benefits like food stamps. Additionally, child, family, and school social workers may also work with students and parents to intervene in instances of substance abuse, physical or mental abuse, and other situations that put students at risk.
- Travel Assistance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Match
- Weekly Paycheck
- Competitive Hourly Wages
- Masters or Doctoral Degree in Social Work
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Texas
- Previous experience in schools in preferred, not required
If interested, send resume to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled