Adaptive Physical Education Teacher | Chicago Heights, Illinois
ProCare Therapy is contract staffing and recruiting agency. We help staff school districts across the United States with qualified teachers and nurses.
We are working with a school district in the Chicago Heights area that is need of an adaptive physical education teacher for the entire 2022-2023 school year. This position will be contracted for the entire school year and will have the opportunity to renew for the next school year.
As a contracted employee of ProCare Therapy you will receive weekly compensation, benefits through United Healthcare and a 401K.
If you are interested in a job with a great work life balance, please apply. If you have any further questions about this position my information can be found below.
Job Type: Contract Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Full time: 35 hours/week
- School Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Start: August 11th, 2022 End: May 24th, 2023
- Caseload age: K-8th grade
- New grads welcome to apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses individual students and prescribes appropriate activities for classroom teachers and resource specialists to implement adaptive physical education program.
- Consults and interacts regularly with classroom teachers, resource specialists, nurses, school psychologists, administrators, parents and instructional aides regarding programs and individual needs of students.
- Works with individual students, groups of students.
- Demonstrates activities for classroom teachers and resource specialists.
- Provides staff development activities in physical education for teachers in special education and for regular classroom teachers. Trains, coordinates and supervises the adapted physical education aides, volunteers and adapted physical education field work students in adapted physical education techniques/activities.
- Attends Individual Education Planning Team meetings as appropriate.
- Makes recommendations to classroom teacher in developing student’s Individual Education Plans.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, parents and outside agency personnel
- Must be nationally certified adaptive physical education teacher (CAPEs)
- Illinois teaching certification (PEL)
- Previous school experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Weekly pay
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance provided through United Health Care: Medical, dental & vision
- Referral bonus program
- License & continuing education reimbursements
We are actively working with a school district in the Lakeside area that is looking to hire a contract adpative physical education teacher! Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based.
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled