Deaf of the Hard and Hearing Teacher | San Jose, California
ProCare Therapy is contract staffing and recruiting agency. We help staff school districts across the United States with qualified teachers and nurses.
We are working with a school district in the San Jose area that is need of a deaf of hard and hearing teacher for the entire 2022-2023 school year. This position will be contracted for the entire school year and will have the opportunity to renew for the next school year.
As a contracted employee of ProCare Therapy you will receive weekly compensation, benefits through United Healthcare and a 401K.
If you are interested in a job with a great work life balance, please apply. If you have any further questions about this position my information can be found below.
Job Type: Contract Deaf of Hard and Hearing Teacher (DHH)
- Full time: 7 hours/day
- School Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Start: August 2022 End: June 2023
- Caseload size: 10-14 students
- Caseload age: Preschool - High School
- Evaluates physical, self-help, social academic and communication competencies for each student appropriate to age level
- Plans and implements educational objectives as strategized and agreed to by staff and parents on the current Individual Education Plan
- Develops sequential lesson plans and provides appropriate instructional materials
- Establishes a functional and stimulating environment which encourages the development of a positive self image
- Interfaces with additional professional staff psychologist, nurse, speech therapist, audiologist, etc.) to meet special needs of students
- Provides for supervision of class at all times in an orderly fashion
- Communicates with parents on total program, student' s individual program needs and progress, and carryover between home and school
- Ensures each child is wearing appropriate amplification
- Attends audiological exams with the child when possible; when applicable
- Supervises paraprofessionals, interpreters, volunteers, parents, and student teachers working in the classroom
Knowledge, abilities and experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in teaching children in need of special education; knowledge of, and ability to implement the intent of federal and state mandates for special education in a classroom setting; ability to communicate successfully with parents and staff
- Demonstrates competency in the use of total communication by passing a sign language competency test
- Utilizes total communication to effect the student' s language and speech competencies: auditory training, speech, lip reading, finger spelling and signed English
- Works with regular classroom teachers in mainstreaming hearing impaired students in hearing classes
- Supervises and assists in meeting the personal needs of students: feeds, toilets and lifts students when necessary.
- Education Specialist Instruction Credential Deaf & Hard of Hearing or other valid California Special Education Credential authorizing the teaching of hearing impaired students
- Previous school experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Weekly pay
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance provided through United Health Care: Medical, dental & vision
- Referral bonus program
- License & continuing education reimbursements
We are actively working with a school district in the San Jose area that is looking to hire a contract deaf of hard and hearing teacher! Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based.
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled