Orientation Mobility Specialist | Livermore, CA
ProCare Therapy is contract staffing and recruiting agency. We help staff school districts across the United States with qualified teachers and nurses.
We are working with a school district in the Livermore area that is need of an orientation mobility specialist for the entire 2022-2023 school year. This position will be contracted for the entire school year and will have the opportunity to renew for the next school year.
As a contracted employee of ProCare Therapy you will receive weekly compensation, benefits through United Healthcare and a 401K.
If you are interested in a job with a great work life balance, please apply. If you have any further questions about this position my information can be found below.
Job Type: Contract Orientation Mobility Specialist
- Full time: 37.5 hours/week
- October 2022 - June 8th, 2023
- Caseload age: K-12th grade
- Multiple School Sites
- Collaborates with Individual Education Plan (IEP) team members in regards to the students' progress.
- Notifies case manager, completes and sends appropriate forms to parent or case manager, prepares report and provides copies to case manager, drafts goals, updates present levels and progress; when assessment or IEP is required at least three work days in advance of IEP.
- Plans and records monthly work schedule in electronic calendar (Outlook) at least 30 days in advance and record any changes as they occur to ensure accurate IEP scheduling.
- Contacts parent and case manager and obtains a signed excusal form when unable to attend an IEP meeting.
- Sets up observations/home visits for transition IEP's.
- Diagnoses and programs instruction for individual learners.
- Plans, administers, and interprets student evaluations.
- Prepares written reports as required.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with parents, guardians, and significant others.
- Meets with parents on a regular basis to review student progress and work on individual development issues.
- Works closely with other members of the program staff to develop and maintain curriculum and standards.
- Participates in transition plans for students moving to less restrictive environments.
- Works cooperatively with personnel from the student's district of residence and outside agencies providing services to the student and family.
- Participates in professional growth activities such as conferences, classes, staff meetings and visitations.
- Provides training, direction and supervision for assigned ancillary staff.
- Provides instruction and services as indicated on IEP for assigned pupils.
- Requisitions materials and supplies in a timely manner.
- Maintains attendance accounting, submitting this and other required reports in a timely fashion.
- Instructs students and significant adults in the use of technological aids appropriate to the student's disability.
- Instructs visually impaired students in the development of skills and knowledge that enable them to travel independently to the highest degree possible based on assessed needs and the students' IEP.
- Masters degree in Orientation Mobility
- National certification CVREP or COMS
- Previous school experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Weekly pay
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance provided through United Health Care: Medical, dental & vision
- Referral bonus program
- License & continuing education reimbursements
We are actively working with a school district in the West Jordan area that is looking to hire a contract orientation mobility specialist! Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based.
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled