Now Interviewing Qualified School Psychologist for an Elementary School Opening
We are currently interviewing School Psychologist to join our team in Lyons, Illinois. Ideal candidates will be work well with a team and have a passion for this field. This opening is full time ( 35 - 37.5 hours a week) working with elementary school students.
- Master's Degree or Higher in School Psychology is Required
- Illinois School Psychologist License is Required
- Experience providing psychological assessment and counseling to students.
- Good working knowledge of mental health and the treatment of affective and behavioral disorders.
The school psychologist provides a comprehensive array of assessment, consultation and school mental health services as specified by the school administrator. As a member of the IEP team, assists with eligibility determinations, along with IEP development, monitoring and implementation.
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direct individual and group counseling services to students with academic, social, emotional and/or behavioral challenges
- Administer and interpret a variety of standardized and informal cognitive, social/emotional, behavioral, academic, adaptive and other assessments to assist with special education and 504 eligibility determinations according to Charter School Institute, Federal, and State regulations and procedures
- Assist team members in developing and implementing IEPs and 504 plans as appropriate
- Conduct functional behavior assessments and develop behavior intervention plans with the assistance other team members, including parents, teachers and students
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of behavior intervention plans
- Observe students in classroom and unstructured settings as needed to conduct evaluations, monitor student interventions and to provide staff consultation
- Provide consultation to parents, teachers, school administrators and other school personnel to promote positive student academic, social, emotional and behavioral outcomes
- Lead or assist other school mental health professionals in providing student crisis intervention services including threat assessments, counseling, and referrals to appropriate community agencies
- Participate in the school’s MTSS/RtI processes to design, implement, and monitor student response to research-based interventions for targeted academic, social, emotional and behavioral needs
- Provide classroom health topic presentations as requested
Benefits of Working with ProCare Therapy :
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Full PDF of benefits guide available on request
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- Pay will be discussed on the first phone call and is negotiable based on experience and interview quality.
- Travel Assistance for those who qualify
- Must live or have a residence at least 45 miles away from school to qualify. Please don't hesitate to ask Ross Mathews if you have any questions about travel assistance.
Please contact Ross Mathews if you are interested in this opening or if you like to know about openings in other areas.
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled