Full-time Virginia Elementary Special Education Teacher Needed
ProCare Therapy has a contract Elementary opening for an excellent Special Education Teacher to join a school district in Virginia. If we find the right candidate to fill the position, there is an opportunity of renewing for the next school year. New grads are encouraged to apply, as are assistants.
- On-site Position
- Upcoming School year
- K-5th grade caseload
- Multiple openings - please include a cover letter with caseload preference
- Focuses on state and federal compliance related monitoring of schools and programs, in collaboration with the Office of Administrative Services.
- Provides professional development in special education processes and procedures that align with federal law, state regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assists in periodic data collection and analysis required for the Department of Education reports.
- Assists with the development and implementation of county procedures and programs for the education of students with disabilities.
- Interprets data related to improving performance of students with disabilities across academic and behavioral skills.
- Works to support building level Coordinators of Special Education to support general and special education teachers to increase skills in differentiation of instruction for students with diverse needs.
- Works collaboratively with division level departments and intervention specialists to ensure system supports and appropriate strategies are implemented to ensure a positive learning environment.
- Provides leadership support to administrators, school-based personnel, multi-disciplinary committees, and coordinators of special education at selected schools to assist with implementation and monitoring of special education evidence based behavioral supports and strategies, student achievement, and compliance matters.
- Demonstrates commitment to improving professional competence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- VA Special Education Certification Requried
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Teachers assistants needed as well, please inquire
Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
To apply to join this awesome district and seize the opportunity, please send a copy of your updated resume directly to me at [email protected]. Once received, I will be in contact with you to get your interview availability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled