As a Speech and Language Pathologist, you will play a crucial role in assessing, diagnosing, and treating communication and speech disorders in individuals of all ages. Your primary responsibilities will include:
Assessment and Evaluation:
- Conducting comprehensive speech and language assessments to identify communication disorders.
- Collecting and analyzing client information, including medical history, test results, and observations.
- Collaborating with other healthcare professionals, educators, and families to gather relevant information.
- Treatment Planning and Implementation: 4. Developing individualized treatment plans tailored to each client's unique needs and goals.
- Providing evidence-based therapy interventions to improve communication and speech abilities.
- Monitoring progress and adjusting treatment plans as necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Documentation and Reporting: 7. Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of client assessments, progress notes, and treatment plans.
- Communicating assessment findings and treatment recommendations to clients, their families, and other team members.
- Education and Counseling: 9. Offering guidance and education to clients and their families on speech and language disorders, strategies, and exercises for home practice.
- Providing emotional support and counseling to clients and families as they navigate communication challenges.
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program.
- State licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist in California.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Empathy and patience when working with clients and their families.
- Knowledge of various assessment tools and therapy techniques for speech and language disorders.
- Commitment to maintaining ethical and professional standards in practice.
Pay will be determined by schools salary schedule.
To apply complete the online application or submit a copy of your resume directly to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled