California Credentialed School Nurse needed | Full-time
Are you an experienced RN in California looking for a fresh start? This is your chance to work with a supportive and all-around amazing school district in the Stockton, CA area for the full school year. The right candidate will have a possible opportunity of renewing for the next school year. See details below.
- Full-Time hours
- On-site position
- 5 days a week
- K12 Caseload
- Multiple School sites
- Mileage paid, reliable transportation required
- Conducting health services and education
- Multiple School sites
- Registered nurse for Itinerant position will travel between school sites
- Provide a nursing assessment on individuals who present for services, possibly including a health history, physical assessment, and a psychosocial assessment.
- Administer medications per medical standing orders.
- Provide information and referrals as necessary.
- Document services performed; maintain required program records.
- Monitor inventory of medications per Pharmacy Law and place order as is necessary.
- Ensure compliance with Accreditation standards.
- Provide input for new or revised policies and procedures,
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in team and general staff meetings.
- Participate in public health quality programs (e.g., Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Participation in emergency exercises and training required.
- Assess own needs for professional growth and participates in education that increases knowledge and skills in area of responsibilities; maintains required Nursing CEUs.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures and maintain client confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- ???????Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information often under stressful situations for families.
- Good computer skills to communicate regularly via e-mail and to collect data on electronic forms or formatted spreadsheets.
- Mental ability to frequently handle simultaneous projects requiring concentration and attention to detail with frequent distractions due to people and/or telephone calls.
- Occasionally required to climb and/or kneel and periodically required to stoop or bend to accommodate different working positions.
- Frequently required to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive movement, and/or work in confined areas.
- A valid driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and a personal vehicle including proof of vehicle insurance are required.
- Present information on a wide variety of health issues to classes, teacher groups, and parent groups
- Administer medication as necessary
- Help monitor student’s immunization status and administers immunizations per medical standing orders
- Work with school personnel to improve the understanding of chronic health issues such as asthma or diabetes
- Communicate with parents and other health care providers as appropriate
- Coordinate services with school personnel in a mutually supportive manner
- Participate with School Wellness Advisory Committee, ensuring that the committee has the information required to make informed decisions in a timely manner. (Not all schools have this committee)
- Provide input regarding an annual program plan and collaborates with co-workers on implementation of the plan
- Provide input for new or revised policies and procedures
- Work as the school’s liaison to both CCPHD Immunization and Communicable Disease staff
- Provide information, answers questions, and provides referrals as necessary
- RN License
- CPR Certification
- California School Nurse Credential
- ???????Pending credential accepted
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
For more details regarding this position, please contact me at [email protected] or by texting/calling (678) 748-5316. Resumes should be sent to my email if interested.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled