Full-time Itinerant School PT | Waldorf, Maryland
ProCare is currently looking for a candidate to work with a school district as an itinerant Physical Therapist near Waldorf. This is a phenomenal opportunity for the upcoming school year with a sympathetic and supportive team of administrators on staff. This is a full-time position that will be working with students K-12th grade.
- Full-time position
- Full School Year
- District wide position
- ???????K-12th grade
- Mileage between sites paid
- Diagnose student fine motor/gross motor needs through analysis of test results, observations, and information from parents and teacher consultation.
- Develop and implement IEP goals and objectives/IFSP outcomes for students with fine motor and gross motor impairments which prevent the student from accessing their general education curriculum.
- Develop and train staff and students on the effective implementation of safe transition supports, safe lifting, environmental accessibility/mobility, adaptive equipment access and evacuation drills.
- Consult with teachers and parents regarding the various aspects of motor skills development and associated supports and their impact on achievement.
- Work in partnership with physical education teachers on strategies and supports within PE and other settings.
- Serve as a resource person to school staff in the development and selection of materials to address the needs of students for developmentally appropriate motor skills.
- Re-evaluation and update of individual therapy programs.
- Maintain accurate data for individual student interventions.
- Participate in IEP/IFSP Team Meetings as well as Pupil Services Team Meetings (PST) for students with motor impairments.
- Submit required and compliant logs and Medical Assistance billings monthly.
- Ongoing supervision of physical therapy students for short term placements, as needed.
- Ongoing supervision of certified physical therapy assistant (PTA) as determined by DHMH and MSDE guidelines and standards.
- Provides organized, well-planned lessons to address physical therapy needs of students.
- Complete logs and compliant submissions for attendance and Medical Assistance monthly.
- Maintain individual student data to measure progress on Individual Education Program (IEP/IFSP) goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Conducts team, staff, and parent training when appropriate to student progress.
- Maryland Physical Therapy License
- Pediatrics experience preferred
- Master's degree required, Doctorate preferred
- Competitive compensation
- ???????Guaranteed hours
- 401k, Dental, Vision, Healthcare
The director is actively holding interviews and is ready to hire. If interested in the position, please email me an updated copy of your resume at [email protected] as well as your availability to interview and I will be in touch regarding the next steps of the hiring process!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled