Full-time Elementary School Sign Language Interpreter Job
ProCare Therapy is seeking a passionate and skilled Sign Language Interpreter this upcoming school year for a contract position located in the Reno, Nevada area. With a strong level of support on staff, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with wonderful colleagues and students. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, let’s talk about it!
- Full-Time hours
- On-site position
- 5 days a week
- ASAP Start
- Elementary 1:1
- Provider will effectively and professionally interpret or translate spoken language into manual sign language.
- Interpret from American Sign Language into spoken English Language.
- Communicate in written and spoken English.
- Make professional autonomous decisions in a variety of educational interpreting situations based on the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf's (RID) Code of Conduct and institutional policy and procedures.
- Function as an active team member in the interpreting process when required.
- Research terminology and information used to interpret/transliterate in classroom situations and college-related activities.
- Convey material effectively, accurately, and impartially, using any necessary specialized vocabulary.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Complete all documentation required for verification of services in a timely manner.
- Exhibit professional conduct and skilled contribution in the workplace
- Always maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the institution
- Assume responsibility for continued professional development and maintain certificate and license at all times.
- Bachelor's degree or Certification in Sign Language Interpreting
- ASL Fluent
- EIPA 3.5 or higher
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
Should you want to learn more about this position, or any others that we have nationwide, please contact me today! I'd love to hear about your experience and preferences to help you find the perfect fit!
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled