Location: Columbus, OH
Category: Schools - General Education Teacher
ProCare Therapy is an educational staffing agency with over 20 years of experience supporting teachers in their professional careers. We’ve partnered with an amazing school in the Columbus, OH area looking for a High School Science Teacher for the remainder of the 22/23 School Year with the option for renewal or direct hire at the end of the year. If you’re open to exploring new opportunities and you’re an Ohio Certified Science Teacher, please contact me to learn more about our roles and what assignments we currently have available!
- W2 Hourly Contract Position
- ASAP Start Date (Realistically Mid-Late January based on offer date/completion of onboarding)
- Contract runs through the end of the 22/23 School Year
- Full Time / 35-40 hours per week / M- F
- ONSITE POSITION – no hybrid or remote options for this district
- Pay Range: $23-$33 per hour (Pay Rate is based on applicant experience, benefits elected and school budget. Contact me to get a more individualized range for your comp plan!
Minimum Qualifications for Employment Eligibility (Required)
- Bachelors Degree in Education or field related to your desired subject of instruction.
- Active Teaching Certification from Ohio State Department of Education with any appropriate or required endorsements to legally teach High School Science.
- At least 1 year of independent classroom instruction (New Graduates may be accepted on a case by case basis)
- Availability to interview and start ASAP, as these openings are actively hiring.
- Teaching high school science classes with ~12 student class sizes.
- ???????In class paraprofessional support.
- Selecting materials for one's classes
- Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of common core learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth by school curriculum.
- Provide direct and indirect instruction to students
- Prepare students adequately for all required assessments;
- Evaluate students’ progress and communicate directly with parents regarding student progress and achievement.
- Provide an inviting, exciting, innovative, learning environment;
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management;
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff;
- Working collaboratively with other staff members
- Helping to monitor the campus during lunch and nutrition, as needed or assigned
- Attending and occasionally facilitating regularly scheduled departmental, grade level, and staff meetings
- Working proactively with parents, supporting students, and assisting the administrative team to prepare students for middle school, high school, college and beyond
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the principal.
Apply today for immediate consideration or email me directly to learn more about our current openings!
Gailey-Anne Reedy, Sr. Account Executive, ProCare Therapy
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled