Teacher for the Visually Impaired (TVI) | Carbondale, Illinois
ProCare Therapy is a contract staffing and recruiting agency. We help staff school districts across the United States with qualified teachers and nurses.
ProCare Therapy is working with a school district located in Carbondale, IL that is need of a teacher for the visually impaired for the 2022-2023 school year. This position is a contract position for the entire 2022-2023 school year and will have the opportunity for a summer assignment and an opportunity to renew for the next school year.
As a contracted Procare Therapy employee you will receive weekly compensation, benefits provided by Unite Healthcare, Medical, Dental and Vision and a 401K for our full time employees
- Full time: 35-40 hours/weeks
- August 2022 - June 2023
- 1:1 with High School student
- Experience with Braille
- Direct services, consultations and IEP meetings
- Experience providing instruction to students with visual impairments as needs are identified; provide assessment, instructional materials and consultation services to teachers, districts & IEP teams in area of specialty. Experience with or interest with assistive technologies related to the field.
- 1. Prepare student education plans in consultation with parents and IEP team members.
- 2. Design instruction and record progress of students.
- 3. Act to ensure appropriate IEP implementation in area of service, direct work of instructional assistants and support members of the IEP team.
- 4. Monitor delivery and frequency of Visually Impaired related service.
- 5. Maintain appropriate student data and other records and submit reports as required.
- 6.Develop instructional plans when necessary and appropriate.
- 7. Develop learning systems for use in community and campus settings.
- 8. Manage student caseloads across multiple school settings.
- 9. Articulate curriculum between and among student levels.
- 10. Basic knowledge of Orientation & Mobility skills and programming.
- 11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Education for Visually Impaired Students
- Illinois TVI Certification
- PEL and LBS1
- Previous school experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
The director is looking to hire a qualified candidate for the 2022-2023 school year! Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based.
If you have any further questions regarding this position, my contact information can be found below.
From there, I will be in contact with you regarding the next steps of the hiring.
If you are also interested in virtual opportunities, please follow this link to see if you qualify for these positions: https://www.procaretherapy.com/virtual-jobs-prequalify-form/
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled