Chicago SLP-CCC Job | Flexible hours | IL Speech Jobs
ProCare Therapy has teamed up with an excellent school district in metro Chicago, IL looking for someone to join their team as a K12 Speech Language Pathologist for the upcoming school year! If we find the right candidate to fill the role, there is an opportunity of renewing for the next school year. This is a position that has flexible scheduling, is on-site, and has a caseload based on your experience. You MUST have a master's degree, your ASHA CCCs and a School credentials to be considered for this position. Candidates with school experience preferred. Virtual candidates will be considered alongside on-site candidates.
- Assess and recommend appropriate AAC for gaining access to the curriculum and/or communication based on student needs.
- Travel throughout the district to all of the school buildings to perform job functions.
- Complete required documentation within designated timelines.
- Assist with the development of a student's IEP in regards to required AAC/AT.
- Participate in IEP or problem solving meetings as appropriate or based on need.
- Support & collaborate with staff/students to implement AAC/AT devices at the school & district levels.
- Review and utilize data from AAC/AT usage to make appropriate recommendations for students and staff regarding both device selection and implementation.
- Provide small and large group training for school staff, parents, students, and administrators on AAC/AT hardware and software.
- Research AAC best practices, communication devices, software applications, vendors, etc. to become a knowledgeable resource on assistive technology devices and services.
- Communication with parents, case managers, teachers and school administration regarding a student's AAC/AT needs.
- Monitor and assist with the transfer of AAC/AT hardware and software within the district
- Provide inventory management support for AAC/At hardware and software.
- Utilize calendar for scheduling of evaluations and documentation of activities.
- Other duties as determined necessary to support the Assistive Technology Department.
- Attend all Speech Department professional development opportunities.
- Attend all Speech Department meetings.
Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based. Please apply by submitting your information and sending a copy of your resume to [email protected]. Please feel free to call or text me at (678) 748-5316 with any questions you have!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled