- Job Location:
Schools - LPN Nurse
- Last Updated:
Itinerant School Nurse Position: Tacoma, Washington
ProCare Therapy is currently seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse to float from school to school in a Tacoma area school district. The nurse will be preforming general school nurse duties and subbing in as needed for this K-12 district.
School Nurse Responsibilities:
- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Committee on Special Education and the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team
We are looking for a candidate that is compassionate, flexible, and able to work well with others in a fast paced environment. Interviews are being scheduled now and this position will fill quickly. To be considered be sure to apply today.
How to Apply:
-Complete the online application
-Upload a copy of your resume and 2-3 professional references
-Contact Tony Miller, Senior Director of Educational Resources at 770-325-0314
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- School Social Worker vs School Counselor: Whatís the Difference?
School Counselor Job Description The school counselor job description is more academic-focused than the school social worker job description. The school counselor focuses on designing and implement...
Read more »
- The Pros and Cons of Therapy Dogs
Possible Issues with Therapy Dogs Itís hard to believe that some people may not support therapy dogs in schools. The fact is that some people not be for them. Why? They have their reasons for their...
Read more »