General School Nursing Opening near San Bernardino
ProCare Therapy has partnered with an awesome School District near the San Bernardino area that is looking for a full-time itinerant position for the school year. Please see additional details about this opportunity below:
- K-12th grade
- General School Nursing
- Covid Protocols
- Medication Administration
- Healthcare plans
- RN License
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have RN license in CA and have or be eligible to apply for PPS (BSN-RN only)
- Provides effective management, leadership, and communication in areas of assignment;
- Conducts vision and hearing screenings, referrals and follow-ups;
- Conducts other health appraisals including dental, nutrition, physical disabilities, mental health and child abuse cases;
- Conducts faculty and staff health consultations;
Provides in-service training for school personnel regarding laws, policies and special programs;
- Serves on special education committees;
- Writes and /or revises health forms; submits required health reports;
- Provides classroom instruction on dental, nutrition, hygiene, family-life and disease education;
- Maintains and supervises student health records;
- May be called upon to serve on various health related committees; monitors and trains staff regarding health procedures;
- Serves on IEP teams and complies with District Policies and Administrative Regulations, State Education Code and Health and Welfare Codes and
- Performs other job-related tasks as required.
Assists in the control and prevention of communicable disease by providing information to staff, students and parents about protective measures against communicable disease.
- Establishes contact with appropriate members of the medical community as part of follow-up procedures of chronic and communicable disease cases.
- Works with and acts as liaison to school health committees, county health officials and other agencies concerned with the health and welfare of students.
- Provides emergency care for serious accidents and illnesses which occur at school.
- When available, serves as a resource for school personnel in such cases as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
For more information about this position, email or text me today. Resumes should be sent to me directly for the quickest interview turnaround.
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled