School Social Worker
ProCare Therapy has been partnered with an amazing school district near the Elk Grove Village, IL area seeking an on-site full time School Social Worker for this upcoming 2022-2023 school year! New Graduates are welcome to apply! Candidates must be local or willing to commute and licensed.
- Must have Master of Social Work degree
- Must have current State license
- PEL required
- Consults and cooperates with all school personnel (i.e. school psychologists, school counselors, nurses, principals, and classroom teachers) in assessing the academic, mental and emotional health of students and in developing appropriate plans for school success.
- Performs casework services with individual students to correct those personal, social, or emotional maladjustments related to their educational and social progress and maintains accurate case records and documentation. Conducts risk assessments and makes appropriate referrals to families as needed.
- Consults and collaborates with school personnel and community agencies in gathering and giving information on a case, and in establishing and planning for respective roles in the modification of the student’s behavior.
- Presents a positive image of the school to parents and conveys to them the school’s genuine concern with the education, growth, and development of each child.
- Assists in developing ways of involving parents in the affairs of the school and the community. Serves as a channel of communication for relaying to the public.
- Assists families with facilitating the transportation of parents to school and community meetings concerning their children
- Assists in handling mental health crises such as suicidal/homicidal ideation or attempts and prevention of self-harm.
- Assist and/or Conduct Crisis Intervention assessments
- Full Benefits, Dental and Vision
- Competitive compensation
- Weekly Paycheck
- 401k Matching
- W-2 employee
Previous experience is preferred but is not required to apply for this position. This is a contracted position looking to be filled. The district director is scheduling interviews immediately, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible for consideration. You can also apply by sending your resume directly to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled