Location: River Rouge, MI
Category: Schools - Social Worker
ProCare Therapy is seeking a dedicated School Social Worker to join our team at a K-5th grade school site. As a School Social Worker, you will be responsible for providing social and emotional support to students, families, and staff members. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing individual and group counseling to students who are experiencing academic, social, and/or emotional difficulties.
- Collaborating with teachers and staff members to identify and address students' needs and develop appropriate intervention plans.
- Conducting home visits and coordinating with community agencies to provide support and resources to families in need.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of behavior management programs and interventions.
- Conducting assessments and evaluations to determine students' eligibility for special education and/or related services.
- Participating in interdisciplinary team meetings and providing input on students' progress and needs.
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited program.
- Valid state licensure as a School Social Worker.
- Experience working with elementary school-aged children.
- Knowledge of child development, behavior management strategies, and social-emotional learning.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of children and families, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Weekly competitive compensation (W-2)
- Compensation Package- 401K, Health, Optical, Dental
- Clinical support
Director of Special Education Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled