DC Speech Language Pathologist Job
We are actively looking for a candidate to work with a school district in D.C. as a Speech Language Pathologist. This is a phenomenal opportunity for the upcoming school year with a strong level of support on staff. This is a full-time, Middle School position for the full school year working with mostly 7th and 8th graders.
- Full-Time hours
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Upcoming school year
- K-5th caseload
- Administers comprehensive clinical services to patients; provides testing, analyses, and evaluations of seriously ill patients or those having complex medical problems and formulates a treatment plan which is consistent with the patient's needs.
- Assists in supervising staff and students and in developing in-service training programs for continuing staff development.
- Maintains an established inventory of supplies; ensures the proper use and maintenance of equipment and maintains a work area which is free of debris and clutter.
- Communicates regularly with members of the patient care team, the patient, family members and others involved with the patient's care.
- Responds to requests for professional information or advice and refers complex matters to the appropriate staff.
- Instructs and trains patient and family regarding pertinent aspects of the patient's care.
- Assesses the patient to provide a diagnosis and to identify problems.
- Plans treatment schedules to ensure optimal use of staff and equipment in providing high quality patient services.
- Plans, develops and implements a result-oriented treatment plan responsive to the individualized needs of the patient and includes clear, measurable goals.
- Modifies the treatment plan according to the patient's responses.
- Provides direct patient care; performs specialized treatments according to the patient's individualized plan of care.
- Collaborates with other members of the patient care team and uses community resources to plan for the continued care, support and follow-up of the patient after discharge.
- Recommends and procures appropriate equipment.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development.
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments. Follows established protocols for documentation specific to the program/setting.
- Accurately records daily charges for services rendered.
- Practices organizational and universal standards for sterile technique and infection control in carrying out daily responsibilities including the proper cleaning and sterilization of work surfaces, equipment and instruments.
- Conducts in-service programs, provides other staff with training and serves as a clinical instructor to students.
- Attends team conferences to promote an interdisciplinary approach to patient care; works cooperatively with other team members to maintain consistency in the provision of high quality, results oriented services.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Master's Degree
- State Certificate of Clinical Competence
- State Education Certificate
Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
Interviews are currently being arranged so if do believe that this is a good match, please complete an online application or contact me today! I would love to discuss this excellent opportunity, or any others that you may be interested in (Including remote jobs!)
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled