Job Title: School-Based Physical Therapist (K-12) - Fairfield, NJ
Job Overview: We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated School-Based Physical Therapist to join our team for the 2023/24 school year in Fairfield, NJ. As a Physical Therapist, you will be responsible for providing evaluation, treatment, and consultation services to students in grades K-12. This is a part-time position with the flexibility to create your own schedule.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations to determine students' physical therapy needs and develop appropriate treatment plans.
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions to address students' physical challenges and promote their functional independence.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other related service providers to develop and implement individualized education programs (IEPs) that incorporate physical therapy goals.
- Educate and train school staff, parents, and caregivers on strategies and techniques to support students' physical development and well-being.
- Participate in team meetings, including IEP meetings, to contribute to the development of comprehensive educational plans for students.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, including progress notes, treatment plans, and other relevant documentation.
- A valid license to practice Physical Therapy in the state of NJ.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with pediatric populations, preferably in a school-based setting.
- Strong knowledge of developmental milestones, motor skills, and physical disabilities.
- Ability to develop and implement effective treatment plans based on individual students' needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- Organizational skills to manage a caseload, meet deadlines, and maintain accurate documentation.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to pass a background check and other relevant clearances required for working with students in a school setting.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled