School Based Nurse (RN) Opportunity in Binghamton, New York
We are currently in the process of filling an opening for a Full-Time School Based RN for the 2022/23 School Year. This position is located in Binghamton, NY and is a great opportunity for any qualified registered nurses looking for an opportunity to get into the school system. Please find further details on this great opportunity below!:
- Full-Time Position (30-40 Hours/week)
- Full 2022-23 School Year Assignment
- Located in Binghamton, NY
- Caseload: Medically Fragile Male Student
- 1:1 Nursing Duties
- Trach care, G-Tube care, Toileting Help
- Bus-Riding Duties
- More Details Regarding Caseload Available Upon Interviewing!
- Minimum Bachelors Degree
- MUST HAVE School Certification in the State of New York
- Previous Classroom Experience Preferred but not Required
Duties involve working in a 1:1 capacity with a specific student in the district to provide care throughout the day as needed. More details on student and medical needs to come from the school district during the interview process. However, you should be prepared to complete any of the following job duties in this position:
- Demonstrating prompt and regular attendance
- Communicating and Collaborating with other School Personnel and other Nursing Administration in a professional manner and with appropriate frequency.
- Dispensing prescribed medications to student as ordered by physician
- Functioning as a health resource and liaison among students and staff concerning health promotion and wellness
- Overseeing the implementation of Individualized Health Care Plans and Emergency Action Plans as needed for students with specialized health care needs
- Potentially serving on the COVID Response Team, responsible for contact tracing
- Maintains required Health Services Monthly Report, Accountability Checklist and other monthly reports as required, and forwards to the Nursing Coordinator
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Special Services, Principal, and/or Nursing Coordinator/Lead Nurse
- Spreading joy to every student, parent, or fellow staff member you come in contact with!
- Helping to foster and maintain the positive School and Classroom Culture held within this School District
The Benefits of Choosing ProCare
- Eligible for our Full-Time Benefits!
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and 401K Matching
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Overtime Pay (Hourly x 1.5)
- Contracted, set-in-stone hours
- The ability to move from district to district
- Check out our blog post for more info!
A Bit More Information on Binghamton, New York
- A beautiful, growing city with plenty to do between downtown life as well as beautiful natural havens
- City of Binghamton's Tourism Website
- Craft Brewing in Binghamton
- Binghamton Outdoor Activities
The hiring manager is looking to move quickly on filling this opening, so please don’t hesitate to apply below if this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you! All of my contact information is listed below, please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have. ???????
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled