Orientation and Mobility Specialist (OMS) | Fresno, CA
ProCare Therapy is working with a school district located in the Fresno area that is in need of an Orientation and Mobility Specialist for the 2022-2023 school year. This position is a contract position for the entire school year.
This individual would be responsible for developing and conducting an orientation mobility assessments for students with visual impairments and providing consultations to school staff.
If you are interested in joining an energetic and hard-working district, please consider submitting an application! Ideal candidates will be open to learning as well as sharing their knowledge/expertise, comfortable collaborating with staff and willing to think creatively to meet the needs of a very diverse student population.
As a contracted Procare Therapy employee you will receive weekly compensation, benefits provided by Unite Healthcare, Medical, Dental and Vision and a 401K for our full time employees
- Full time: 37.5 hours/week
- 8:00 - 4:00
- ASAP - June 2023
- K-12th grade caseload
- The students range in age from birth through 22 years.
- Instruct students with visual impairments in skills and knowledge that enable them to travel independently based on the IEP.
- Experience teaching students to travel with proficiency, safety, and confidence in familiar and unfamiliar environments
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree Certification from the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP)
- Previous school experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
The director is looking to hire a qualified candidate for the 2022-2023 school year! Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based.
If you have any further questions regarding this position, my contact information can be found below.
From there, I will be in contact with you regarding the next steps of the hiring.
If you are also interested in virtual opportunities, please follow this link to see if you qualify for these positions: https://www.procaretherapy.com/virtual-jobs-prequalify-form/
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled