- Job Location:
Schools - Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- Last Updated:
An urgent need for an Orientation & Mobility Specialist has arisen in Baltimore, MD. We at ProCare Therapy have teamed up with a school district looking to hire immediately. The ideal candidate would have some experience of some sort in the field of special education.
Baltimore is known for its esteemed history, diversity, and culture and has been actively working on growth and development in recent years. It is also known for its historic and charming downtown, friendly people and magnificent houses. The kind of welcome and hospitality that Baltimore offers is rarely found elsewhere. You do not want to miss out on this opportunity!
Below are a few key details about the position:
- OMS (Orientation & Mobility Specialist)
- Full time schedule with 37.5 hours
- K-12th grade setting
- Small caseload, 10-12 students
- Full school year tenure
Education: Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
1) Have completed one of three credentialing options listed below:
- Hold a certificate as a Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist (COMS) from the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP);
- Hold National Orientation and Mobility Certification (NOMC) from the National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB);
- or Complete all requirements of a university-based program in orientation and mobility, including a supervised internship or externship in orientation and mobility.
Don’t wait, APPLY NOW!
For immediate consideration, send your resume and available times to speak over the phone to Simone Begley at Simone.Begley@ProcareTherapy.com or call/text me directly at 770-325-0319
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- School Social Worker vs School Counselor: Whatís the Difference?
School Counselor Job Description The school counselor job description is more academic-focused than the school social worker job description. The school counselor focuses on designing and implement...
Read more »
- The Pros and Cons of Therapy Dogs
Possible Issues with Therapy Dogs Itís hard to believe that some people may not support therapy dogs in schools. The fact is that some people not be for them. Why? They have their reasons for their...
Read more »