Location: CRAIG, CO
Category: Schools - Behavior Specialist
Job Description: ProCare Therapy is currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate Paraprofessional to work in a special education classroom for the 2023-2024 school year. As a Paraprofessional, you will provide valuable support to students with special needs, assisting the teacher in implementing individualized education plans and creating an inclusive learning environment. This is a contract position, working full-time during the school year.
- Assist the special education teacher in implementing instructional activities and adapting materials to meet individual student needs.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students in academic, social, and behavioral domains.
- Support students with personal care needs, including toileting, feeding, and mobility, if required.
- Implement behavior management strategies and interventions as directed by the teacher.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment by promoting social interaction, encouraging participation, and reinforcing positive behavior.
- Collaborate with the teacher and other professionals to track student progress and communicate observations and concerns.
- Assist with classroom organization, including setting up learning materials, maintaining a clean and safe environment, and preparing for activities and lessons.
- Support students during transitions between activities, classes, or locations within the school.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to professional standards and school policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent (associate's degree or coursework in education or related field preferred).
- Previous experience working with students with special needs in an educational or similar setting is highly desired.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about the specific disabilities and needs of the students in the classroom.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with students, teachers, and other staff members.
- Ability to follow directions, work collaboratively as part of a team, and adapt to the changing needs of students and the classroom.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with special needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled