Location: Watertown, CT
Category: Schools - School Psychologist
We are looking for a compassionate school psychologist to work with our students, their families, and faculty members. The school psychologist's responsibilities include administering psychological evaluations, providing counseling, making diagnoses, and contributing to the development of learning programs.
To be successful as a school psychologist you should be able to successfully aid students in their personal and academic development. Ultimately, an outstanding School Psychologist is compassionate and committed to students' well-being.
School Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Listening to students' concerns about academic, emotional or social issues.
- Providing individual and group counseling as appropriate.
- Administering and evaluating psychological tests and preparing reports.
- Helping students to process and overcome their problems.
- Assisting students with the development of goals and action plans.
- Engaging and counseling teachers, parents, and caregivers about issues.
- Researching and implementing intervention programs.
- Developing programs to address behavioral issues and learning difficulties.
- Assessing and diagnosing students to determine eligibility for special services.
- Participating in continuing professional development.
School Psychologist Requirements:
- Specialist or master's degree in school psychology or psychology.
- Connecticut School Psychologist Credential
- Experience providing psychological assessment and counseling to students.
- Good working knowledge of mental health and the treatment of affective and behavioral disorders.
- Good working knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis and treatment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
If interested, please send resume to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled