Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Elementary and Middle School Caseload
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
We are currently seeking a compassionate and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team for the 2023/2024 school year. This position offers a part-time opportunity, working 30 hours per week, specifically focusing on providing healthcare support to elementary and middle school students in Lafayette, Indiana.
- Provide comprehensive nursing care to students with various medical needs, including students with chronic illnesses, disabilities, and special healthcare needs.
- Conduct health assessments, including physical examinations, to identify and evaluate the health status of students.
- Administer medications, treatments, and procedures as prescribed by healthcare providers.
- Develop and implement individualized healthcare plans for students with specific medical conditions or requirements.
- Monitor and manage students with chronic illnesses, ensuring their safety, well-being, and participation in school activities.
- Collaborate with teachers, school staff, parents, and healthcare professionals to create a supportive and inclusive environment for students' health needs.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide immediate care and support to students as required.
- Maintain accurate and confidential medical records and documentation related to students' health conditions, treatments, and interventions.
- Educate students, families, and school staff on health-related topics, including preventive measures, health promotion, and management of chronic illnesses.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Indiana.
- Previous experience working in a school or pediatric setting is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of pediatric health conditions, medications, and treatments.
- Ability to assess, prioritize, and provide appropriate medical care to students in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with students, parents, teachers, and healthcare professionals.
- Proficient computer skills for maintaining electronic health records and accessing relevant medical information.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Full-time schedule, working 30 hours per week, providing an optimal work-life balance.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance skills and stay updated with the latest medical advancements.
- Supportive and inclusive work environment fostering collaboration and growth.
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on students' health and well-being.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected] We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This job posting is for the 2023/2024 school year.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled