School-Based Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Brea, CA
Job Type: Full-Time, Hourly
Contract Duration: 2023-2024 School Year
Procare Therapy is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse to join our team for the 2023-2024 school year. As a contracted School Nurse, you will play a vital role in providing quality healthcare services to students in the Brea, CA area. If you are passionate about working in an educational setting and making a positive impact on the lives of children, we encourage you to apply.
- Assess and address the health needs of students within the school setting.
- Provide direct nursing care, treatment, and emergency interventions as required.
- Administer medications and assist with specialized medical procedures as necessary.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other healthcare professionals to develop and implement individualized healthcare plans.
- Monitor and maintain student health records, including immunization records and medical histories.
- Educate students, parents, and staff members on health-related topics and promote healthy lifestyle choices.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide immediate assistance when necessary.
- Collaborate with community healthcare providers to coordinate additional care as needed.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of California.
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience, preferably in pediatrics or school nursing.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
- Strong clinical and assessment skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Familiarity with special education regulations and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) is a plus.
- Hourly compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Full-time position with consistent Monday to Friday schedule, following the school calendar.
- Contracted employment by Procare Therapy for the duration of the 2023-2024 school year.
- Access to Procare Therapy's comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and professional references through our online application system. If you have any questions or require further information, please contact our HR department at [contact information].
Procare Therapy is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled