ProCare Therapy is currently seeking a dedicated and qualified Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) to join our team in providing exceptional speech and language services to students for a contract position
23 -24 School Year
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Type: Full-time
- Weekly Hours: 40 hours/week
- Caseload: PreK
- Start Date: August 2023
- End Date: June 2024
- Hourly Pay: $28 - $38 (negotiable & based on experience)
- Collaborate with the supervising speech-language pathologist to provide speech and language therapy services to students.
- Implement individualized treatment plans and interventions developed by the supervising speech-language pathologist.
- Assist with assessments and screenings to evaluate students' speech, language, and communication skills.
- Provide direct therapy services to students in both individual and group settings.
- Support students in improving their articulation, language, fluency, and pragmatic/social communication skills.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other team members to integrate therapy goals into the classroom environment.
- Document and track student progress, adjusting treatment plans as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of therapy materials and resources.
- Participate in team meetings, IEP (Individualized Education Program) meetings, and other relevant meetings as required.
- Associate's degree or equivalent in Speech-Language Pathology Assisting.
- Certification as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) in TX or eligibility for certification.
- Previous experience working with pediatric populations, preferably in a school setting.
- Knowledge of speech and language disorders and various therapy techniques.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- Ability to work under the supervision of a licensed speech-language pathologist.
- Competitive hourly pay rates with weekly paychecks
- Direct/Indirect Services paid Equally
- Matching 401(K) Plan
- Medical and Dental
If interested in this professional opportunity, please apply here. You can also email your most recent resume to Tia Champagnie at [email protected].
As a reminder: We also staff:
Speech Language Pathologist, School RN/LPN s, Special Education Teachers, Paraprofessionals, Behavior Specialists, School Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Teachers of the Visually Impaired, Teachers of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Audiologist, Sign Language Interpreters, School Social Workers
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled