Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Duration: August 10th, 2023, to January 2024 (covering MAT Leave)
Employment Type: W-2 contract
Hourly Rate: Competitive, based on experience
Benefits: Full benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and more. 401(k) retirement plan available.
ProCare Therapy is currently seeking a dedicated and qualified School-Based Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team for the upcoming school year in Mission Viejo, CA. This position offers an exciting opportunity to provide speech and language therapy services to a diverse K-12th grade caseload. The initial contract is to cover a maternity leave from August 10th, 2023, to January 2024, with a high chance of extension.
- Conduct comprehensive speech and language evaluations to assess students' communication abilities and identify areas of need.
- Develop individualized treatment plans and goals based on evaluation results, collaborating with the IEP team to ensure effective implementation.
- Provide direct speech and language therapy services to students in individual or group settings.
- Implement evidence-based therapeutic techniques and interventions to address communication disorders, articulation difficulties, language delays, fluency disorders, and other related issues.
- Monitor student progress, document therapy sessions, and adjust treatment plans as necessary to optimize outcomes.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to develop and integrate effective communication strategies into the classroom environment.
- Provide guidance and support to Speech-Language Pathology Assistants (SLPAs) and Clinical Fellows (CFYs) as needed.
- Actively participate in IEP meetings, providing valuable insights and recommendations for each student's individual needs.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research, techniques, and trends in speech-language pathology to enhance the quality of services provided.
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- Valid California state license in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) preferred.
- Previous experience working with school-aged children, preferably in a school-based setting.
- Strong knowledge of speech and language development, communication disorders, and appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- Ability to develop and implement individualized treatment plans and adjust them based on student progress.
- Proficient in conducting evaluations, documenting progress, and writing comprehensive reports.
- Willingness to work with SLPA/CFY under your supervision.
- Reliable, organized, and capable of managing a diverse K-12th grade caseload.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students and meet the requirements listed above, please send your resume to Taukarri Hilton at [email protected]. We will review all applications and contact qualified candidates for further consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled