Title: School Psychologist - Contract Position (Full-Time)
Location: Glendale, AZ
Employer: ProCare Therapy
Contract Duration: 2023-2024 School Year
Job Description: ProCare Therapy, a leading provider of educational staffing and therapy services, is seeking a dedicated and experienced School Psychologist for a full-time contract position in Glendale, Arizona. This position is available for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Conduct comprehensive psychological evaluations and assessments to assess students' cognitive, academic, social-emotional, and behavioral functioning.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and multidisciplinary teams to develop and implement Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and behavior intervention plans (BIPs) for students with special needs.
- Provide counseling and support services to students dealing with academic, behavioral, or social-emotional challenges.
- Administer and interpret psychological assessments to inform interventions, accommodations, and program planning.
- Participate in team meetings, including IEP meetings, and provide recommendations for appropriate supports and interventions.
- Collaborate with school staff to create positive and inclusive learning environments.
- Provide consultation and professional development to teachers and staff on topics related to behavior management, social skills development, and academic success.
- Stay current with research and best practices in the field of school psychology.
- Maintain accurate and confidential documentation of assessments, interventions, and progress.
- Master's or doctoral degree in School Psychology or a related field.
- Valid Arizona state licensure or certification as a School Psychologist.
- Previous experience working as a School Psychologist in an educational setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of assessment tools, intervention strategies, and special education processes.
- Strong understanding of educational laws, regulations, and best practices related to special education.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to meet the diverse needs of students and schools.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references to ProCare Therapy. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled