School Social Worker Contract Job in Monroe, MI
Full Time Social Worker needed for School Based Position
A school in Monroe, Michigan is seeking a licensed Social Worker for the upcoming school year. This opening is full time (35 - 40 hours a week) for the full school year. The social worker in this role will be working with students grades K -12. The district is currently only considering onsite candidates for this opening. Please see below for more details.
A School Social Worker, or Licensed School Social Worker, is responsible for supporting students and advocating for their emotional, mental and physical wellbeing. Their duties include counseling students, connecting at-risk youth with helpful resources and conducting home visits to provide additional support.
- Promoting the general well-being of students
- Working with outside agencies to provide support to families
- Offering mentoring and suggestions for Teachers and other school personnel
- Developing and providing crisis intervention strategies to improve student success
- Working to maximize coping skills for students in difficult situations
Licensure and Experience :
- Must have a Degree in Social Work
- Must have Active Social Work License
- Experience in schools or with children preferred but not required
Benefits with ProCare:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- Travel Assistance for those who Qualify
- Must live or have an address 50 miles or further from school. For questions about travel assistance please ask Ross Mathews.
If you believe you'd be a great fit for this position please email your resume to [email protected] You can also call Ross Mathews via the information below if you'd like more information.
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled