ProCare Therapy is currently looking for an experienced and certified Sign Language Interpreter for a full-time school job in Marietta, GA for the full 2022-2023 school year. The district is actively scheduling interviews now, so if you believe you would be a good fit for this role, please apply online today! Further details on the job can be seen below:
- Sign Language Interpreter positions working 1:1 with a student in the district
- Full time 37.5 hours a week (Monday - Friday)
- Full 2022-2023 school year contract
Duties of the Sign Language Interpreter
- Provides expressive and voice interpreting services for deaf students in the communication mode prescribed and acts as language model for students.
- Relates all class activities to the deaf student and assists in providing orientation to deafness for mainstream staff and students.
- Interprets assemblies, club meetings, special activities such as graduation exercises, teacher and principal conferences, and other special events as extra-curriculum activities necessary during the regular school day.
- Provides the instruction for sign language classes.
- Conducts individual instruction as directed by the supervisor of the deaf education program and/or classroom teacher, time permitting, away from mainstream classes.
- Assists in evaluating student progress according to the criteria and procedures outlined by the teacher.
- Informs teacher(s) and other appropriate staff members of any problems or special information about individual students, including communication skills and language mode of each student.
- Must have knowledge and skills of Sign Language Interpreting
- Must be certified in the state of Georgia or have a National certification for interpreting
- Must have a EIPA score of 3>5 or higher
- New Grads encouraged to apply
Benefits (Full Time Employs) :
- Paid weekly (on Friday)
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
- Competitive Compensation Plan
The school district is looking to schedule interviews as soon as possible, so if you are interested, please apply online today, and send an updated copy of your resume to me at [email protected]. I will contact you when I receive your application regarding the next steps of the process.
Have questions please contact Lauren Wilkins
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled