We are seeking a qualified Speech Language Pathologist for the 2022-23 school year with a school district in San Jose. We have placed several candidates with this district who have had phenomenal experiences due to the supportive and friendly environment and wonderful students. Interviews will be held over zoom at a time that works best with your current schedule. Interviewing will be a good place to ask all caseload questions and find out if it’s a right fit for you!
A full school year contract will be awarded to the candidate who is the best fit. During the assignment you will receive weekly paychecks at a competitive hourly rate. This will be a W-2 position with full benefits available and 401k matching.
We welcome new grads looking to complete their clinical fellowship year to apply
- Participate as a team member with responsibility for the identification, eligibility, and placement of speech and language impaired students.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for assigned students and to meet individual student needs.
- Participates in staff meetings, planning events, department/special education meetings, manifestation determination meetings, FBA/BIP meetings, and eligibility, evaluation, and placement meetings.
- Communicate with other professionals providing services for students to insure continuity and coordination of program.
- Work directly with students to implement IEP goals and objectives.
- Develop therapy schedules and provide speech language pathology (SLP) services for students with speech and language impairments from preschool through 12th grade in accordance with their IEP.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor augmentative communication devices for appropriate students including devices for deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Plan and provide clear and intentional focused instruction based upon individual student IEP goals using state standards, subject matter content and district curriculum.
- Recognize individual student learning needs and develop strategies to address those needs for the purpose of promoting individual achievement.
- Foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment for the purpose of promoting effective student behavior and success.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents and school community for the purpose of fostering student success and achievement, and meeting special education laws and policies.
- Participate in and facilitate various meetings for the purpose of addressing student goals and needs, and to meet laws and policies. Meetings may include school and department, manifestation determination, eligibility, evaluation and placement.
- Maintain and process accurate records/documents as required by State and Federal regulations and district policy.
- Direct the work of assigned classified staff.
- Implement and comply with District policies and the Code of Professional Conduct.
- Maintain consistent attendance and conform to regular work hours specified under contract.
Fulfill other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Submit application through our website
- Email [email protected] with a resume
Once I have received your resume I will be reaching out via phone to discuss your experience as well as the position. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call me at (770) 776-2105.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled