School Nurse Job Opening | South Haven, MI
ProCare Therapy is seeking a skilled School RN this upcoming school year for a contract position located near Benton Harbor. This is an excellent school district with tons of support from wonderful colleagues and students. For anyone commuting for this position, we can provide travel and housing stipends to help compensate for the drive, and we can connect about interviews immediately.
- Full-Time hours
- On-site position
- 5 days a week
- K12 Caseload
- Multiple School sites
- Registered nurse for Itinerant position will travel between school sites
- Provide a nursing assessment on individuals who present for services, possibly including a health history, physical assessment, and a psychosocial assessment.
- Administer medications per medical standing orders.
- Provide information and referrals as necessary.
- Document services performed; maintain required program records.
- Monitor inventory of medications per Michigan Pharmacy Law and place order as is necessary.
- Ensure compliance with Accreditation standards.
- Provide input for new or revised policies and procedures,
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in team and general staff meetings.
- Participate in public health quality programs (e.g., Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Participation in emergency exercises and training required.
- Assess own needs for professional growth and participates in education that increases knowledge and skills in area of responsibilities; maintains required Nursing CEUs.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures and maintain client confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Michigan.
- One to three years of experience in nursing is required, with an emphasis in public health preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information often under stressful situations for families.
- Good computer skills to communicate regularly via e-mail and to collect data on electronic forms or formatted spreadsheets.
- Mental ability to frequently handle simultaneous projects requiring concentration and attention to detail with frequent distractions due to people and/or telephone calls.
- Occasionally required to climb and/or kneel and periodically required to stoop or bend to accommodate different working positions.
- Frequently required to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive movement, and/or work in confined areas.
- A valid Michigan driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and a personal vehicle including proof of vehicle insurance are required.
- Present information on a wide variety of health issues to classes, teacher groups, and parent groups
- Administer medication as necessary
- Help monitor student’s immunization status and administers immunizations per medical standing orders
- Work with school personnel to improve the understanding of chronic health issues such as asthma or diabetes
- Communicate with parents and other health care providers as appropriate
- Coordinate services with school personnel in a mutually supportive manner
- Participate with School Wellness Advisory Committee, ensuring that the committee has the information required to make informed decisions in a timely manner. (Not all schools have this committee)
- Provide input regarding an annual program plan and collaborates with co-workers on implementation of the plan
- Provide input for new or revised policies and procedures
- Work as the school’s liaison to both CCPHD Immunization and Communicable Disease staff
- Provide information, answers questions, and provides referrals as necessary
- RN License
- CPR Certification
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
If you wish to be immediately considered, please email me an updated copy of your resume and a minimum of three references to [email protected]. If you have any questions, feel free to call or text me at (678) 748-5316 Once received, I will be in contact with you to get your availability for an interview with the school district.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled