$35-$40 Hourly Pay
Location: Lexington, NC
Hours per day: 8
Days per week: 5
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June (possibility for resigning NSY if good fit)
Caseload age: Middle school
Requirements/special notes: Self-contained
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Special Education Teacher for a self-contained classroom in a middle school in Lexington, NC. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in special education, a passion for teaching, and the ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Provide instruction and support to students with disabilities in a self-contained classroom setting
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for each student
- Collaborate with other teachers, paraprofessionals, and related service providers to meet the needs of each student
- Monitor student progress and adjust instructional strategies as needed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress and communication with families
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or related field
- Valid North Carolina teaching license in Special Education
- Experience working with middle school students with disabilities in a self-contained classroom setting
- Knowledge of evidence-based instructional practices for students with disabilities
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
This is a full-time position with 8 hours per day and 5 days per week. The start date is ASAP, with a possibility for resigning NSY if the candidate is a good fit. The position is for one school site and a self-contained classroom. We offer competitive hourly rate and benefits packages and a supportive working environment.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with disabilities and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application today.
Director of Educational Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled