Do you have a goal of facilitating the best academic experience for special needs children? Join our team as a special education teacher and help our institution provide outstanding coursework to all students, including those with learning disabilities or other special needs.
Become part of a team that includes our special education instructors and assistants, classroom teachers, guidance counselors, administrative staff and social workers to provide the best environment for each student.
- Provide academic instruction to special needs students in a variety of subjects using evidence-based techniques such as multisensory learning, repetition or phonetics.
- Create individualized programs for students based on their specific needs to promote learning and social development.
- Communicate educational plans to parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and others involved with the student’s progress.
- Utilize positive reinforcement and behavior modification to instruct students in socially acceptable behavior to reduce incidents and maintain order.
- Keep records of all special needs students that adhere to local, state and federal guidelines to remain compliant.
- Coordinate with teachers to modify the curriculum to provide a more effective learning environment for special needs students to improve their potential.
- Administer tests to assist in diagnosing certain learning disabilities and to monitor the progress of each student.
- Instruct students in one or more subjects using discussions, lectures, demonstrations and other instructional tools to improve their grasp on the subject matter.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in special education or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience as a special education teacher
- Valid AZ Special Education Credentials
- AZ IVP Fingerprint Card
- Weekly Paycheck
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Matching
If interested, please email [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled