Our district is seeking a talented Speech Pathologist to take on a full-time assignment for the remainder of the 2023-2024 school year! If you’re seeking an opportunity to use your impressive skillset and change the lives of students one session at a time, we ask that you apply today!
To be considered for this role, applicants must have an active Speech license in Connecticut, have a Master’s Level degree from an accredited speech program, and preferably, have some experience within the school system. We strictly require licensure & relevant experience for this position - unlicensed applicants will not be contacted for an interview.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review the Individual Education Program (IEP) of each student on the caseload, at least annually
- Work with parents in all aspects of their child’s educational program and facilitate improved communication skills
- Collect and maintain accurate and descriptive records on all students on caseload
- Provide appropriate speech/language screening and diagnostic service
- Collaborate with regular education and/or special education educators on an ongoing basis
- Refer students to other specialists as needed
- Provide effective therapeutic services according to established program guidelines and through appropriate service delivery models
- Administer, on an on-going basis, evaluations of student progress towards mastery of established goals and objectives specified by system’s recommended program report guidelines
- Serve as a resource to the regular education teachers and administrators regarding the needs of all communicatively handicapped children
- Perform special duties required for meeting the unique needs of specific populations
- Participate in training programs to increase skills and proficiency related to the assignment
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures
Why Procare? Procare Therapy has a long-established position in special education staffing. Candidates are eligible for competitive hourly rates, full healthcare benefits (with the option of vision & dental insurance), and an excellent level of flexibility. Not only that, but you will have a personal recruiter that works for you! To learn more about our opportunities, we invite you to take a look at our blog!
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re interested in taking on, we invite you to apply today via the form below, or via email – please email an updated copy of your resume & a short introduction about yourself to [email protected]!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled