Speech Therapist – Wilmington, Delaware
We are searching for a flexible, resourceful speech therapist to join our team. The speech therapist's responsibilities include performing patient assessments, developing individual treatment plans, liaising with teachers, family members, and other healthcare professionals, administering therapy and monitoring progress, and ensuring patients and their families are informed of new treatments and therapy techniques. You should also be able to work with patients from different backgrounds and be willing to make house calls.
To be successful as a speech therapist, you should be passionate about social and biological science, language, and human anatomy. Exceptional Speech Therapists are caring, adaptable, and able to use available resources to find solutions.
- Start: 6/26/23
- End: 7/27/2023
- Part Time | Up to 14 hours/week
- Caseload: Preschool/Elementary available
Speech Therapist Responsibilities:
- Assessing, diagnosing, screening, and preventing language, speech, and swallowing disorders.
- Communicating with the patient, and liaising with their family members, physicians, and teachers to design effective treatment plans.
- Using tried and tested therapies in combination with new, innovative techniques to provide the best care.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field by attending conferences, conducting research, and expanding professional and academic networks.
- Educating patients and their families on speech disorders and available therapies.
- Taking detailed notes on patient history and progress.
- Providing mentoring and workshops to speech therapy students.
- Evaluating patient progress and implementing changes to therapy programs as required.
Speech Therapist Requirements:
- Master's degree in speech therapy or speech-language pathology.
- Relevant license and certification.
- Experience with certain disorders and age groups may be required.
- Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments.
- Familiarity with database management software.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to conduct research and travel to conferences.
If interested in this position please apply below. If you would like to speak with the hiring manager directly, please reach out to Nicole Schuler via phone 813-776-0378 or email [email protected]
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled