Location: Redding, CA
Category: Schools - Sign Language Interpreter
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Virtual Sign Language Interpreter to provide one-on-one support for a 5th grade student in Redding, CA. This is a full-time position that will be conducted virtually, providing remote support for our student.
- Provide one-on-one sign language interpretation services for a 5th grade student
- Interpret classroom lectures, discussions, and assignments into American Sign Language (ASL)
- Facilitate communication between the student and teachers, aides, and other staff members
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to ensure that the student's needs are being met
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress
- Participate in IEP meetings and communicate effectively with parents/guardians
- Bachelor's degree in ASL Interpretation or related field required
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) certification or equivalent preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working as a sign language interpreter in an educational setting required
- Strong knowledge of ASL and interpreting techniques required
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment required
- $30.00+ hourly
- Dependent on experience
If you are a passionate and experienced Virtual Sign Language Interpreter who is committed to making a difference in the lives of children, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the hiring manager at [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled