California Online School Speech Therapist Needed - PreK
Imagine the things educators and therapists could accomplish if we didn’t have to worry about the distance between school professionals and the students who need them most. Instead, VocoVision is concentrating on connecting students to professionals, regardless of the distance or need. At VocoVision, our focus is to find imaginative solutions to ensure that education and special services are more accessible. VocoVision teletherapy assignments empower students to experience the face-to-face connections they need to achieve their goals and go further than they ever imagined, and grant educators and therapists the flexibility they need. We are currently seeking virtual School Speech Therapists in California for a full-time virtual position. See details below:
- Remote position
- 37 hours/week
- Preschool caseload
- 40-55 students
Our Amazing School Teletherapists
- Plan and provide appropriate individual and group therapy to students consistent with speech and language goals contained in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Evaluate student progress and determine readiness for termination of therapy services.
- Develop clinical management strategies or procedures and diagnostic statements by interpreting observations or data.
- Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist in interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and goal setting for students with communication disorders or conditions according to district procedures.
- Counsel and involve parents in remedial process.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and implement classroom activities to improve communication skills of students.
- Provide professional development in assigned schools to help school personnel identify and understand communication deficits in students.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, students, and parents regarding the accomplishment of therapy goals and needs of the student.
- Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the maturity level and interests of students.
- Establish control and administer discipline according to the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- May supervise licensed speech-language pathology assistant(s) or speech aide(s).
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of speech-language pathology services and make changes based on the findings.
- Assist in the selection of equipment and instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other required documents.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and board policy.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Participate in professional development activities to improve skills related to job assignment.
- Have regular attendance.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Completed a Master's Degree program
- Have valid ASHA CCCs
- Have a State Education Certificate
- Receive competitive compensation for direct and indirect services
- Guaranteed Hours
- Work-from Home
- Access to a teletherapy platform established for more than a decade
- Have extensive clinical support
If this role sounds like a great fit, or you are interested in discussing other openings, please reach to me directly by either phone or email. My direct information can be seen below, and I would love to hear from you and answer any questions that you may have!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Director of Virtual Hiring Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled